- One 10 oz can condensed Cream of Broccoli soup (or mushroom), low-sodium if you prefer
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 cups reduced fat shredded cheese (cheddar, colby-jack, etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon Stevia/sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups COOKED quinoa
- Feshly grated Parmesan cheese
- To cook quinoa:
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear. In a small saucepan combine the quinoa, water, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until fluffy and the white ring/tail is visible. Fluff with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a shallow (8×8 in or 5-6 cups) casserole dish – or individual ramekins – with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the soup, mayonnaise, milk, shredded cheese, Stevia, pepper, and nutmeg until well mixed. Stir in the quinoa and broccoli.
- Spoon mixture into prepared casserole. Sprinkle on a couple tablespoons of Parmesan and bake for 35-40 minutes (20-25 minutes for ramekins) or until bubbly on the edges and golden. servings.